Valerie C. Reichert, MD
Valerie C. Reichert, M.D. is a board-certified diagnostic radiologist who specializes in breast imaging and breast interventional procedures at St. Luke's Center for Diagnostic Imaging – Midwest Breast Care Center in St. Louis, Missouri. Dr. Reichert's areas of expertise include mammography, digital breast tomosynthesis (3-D mammography), sonography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and breast interventional procedures (biopsies and localizations utilizing ultrasound, stereotaxis, mammography, and magnetic resonance imaging). From 1996 to 2006, she was a diagnostic radiologist at St. Luke's Hospital in Chesterfield, Missouri. From 2006 to 2015, Dr. Reichert was a faculty member in the Breast Imaging Section at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri, where she served as an assistant professor of radiology and attending physician at Siteman Cancer Center. She has given multiple invited lectures on the topics of Breast MRI and Breast Radiology/Pathology Correlation at venues including Washington University Medical Center, Stanford University Cancer Center, Greater Saint Louis Society of Radiologists and Saint Louis Metropolitan Medical Society meetings. She became affiliated with St. Luke's Center for Diagnostic Imaging – Midwest Breast Care Center in the fall of 2015.
- Undergraduate: Stanford University in Stanford, California
- Medical: Stanford University School of Medicine in Stanford, California
- Internship: Internal medicine internship at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (Stanford affiliate) in San Jose, California
- Residency: Diagnostic radiology residency at Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology/Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri
- Fellowship: Abdominal imaging fellowship at Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology/Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri
- American College of Radiology; ACR Council – Alternate Councilor
- Missouri Radiological Society – Board of Directors
- Society of Breast Imaging
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Holley SO, Appleton CM, Farria DM, Reichert VC, Warrick J, Allred DC, Monsees BS. Pathologic Outcomes of Nonmalignant Papillary Breast Lesions Diagnosed at Imaging-guided Core Needle Biopsy. Radiology 2012; 265(2): 379-384.
- Pettus BJ, Brandt KE, Middleton WD, Reichert VC. Sonographic Findings in a Palpable Abnormality After Mastectomy and Autologous Fat Grafting. Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine 2011; 30: 576-578.
- Bolton NM, Reichert VC. High Grade Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma and Ductal Carcinoma In-Situ with Dermal Lymphatic Invasion and with Axillary Lymph Node Metastases; Neurofibromatosis (Type I). Society of Breast Imaging (SBI) Online Case of the Month April 2011.